Saturday, July 10, 2010

These shots were taken last night at one of my favorite local spots. Great Light made for an interesting shoot. Again I can't emphasize enough " Be There ! " and bring a camera ! As I merge in to this photographic adventure I realize how little I know . This can be very humbling but also very rewarding when you learn some thing new. Composition is the key , matched with great light and and a good subject the results can be stunning . When one element is missing it shows right away to the trained eye. I am tying to train my eye , not so easy when your self taught. A good friend and professional photographer Nick Didlick spoke to me briefly about my photos and he gave me some great pointers as far as composition . I look forward to practicing the tips he shared in up coming photos . To make these shots I am shooting at low ISO and a very slow shutter speed @ F16 . To tame the contrast in one photo I use the 4 stop hard edge Grad ND filter teamed up with a Polarizor . A sturdy tripod is a must have ! Also a cable release is essential to keep your fingers off of the camera for tack sharp shots. Shots taken with Canon 40D , 17-85 mm lens @ 17 mm , Manfroto Tripod. Lots of patience !

No comments:

Post a Comment